Sunday, August 13, 2006

MWR Mini-Meet

I recently attended an MWR Mini-Meet where I met some really cool MWR regulars. I had a great time talking about watches and our other interests. I also met Bill Yao of MkII fame for the first time. (Bill next time you're in the area we have to do this again.)

Here's a few photos from that night. Note Bill's MMT Blackwater with the Zodiac/JLC Amvox hands in the middle below. My Blackwater is on the left. If you look closely you'll see something different about one of the Blackwaters. I wonder if anyone can figure it out? :-)


I got to try on a Seiko Professional 300m Quartz for the first time. Despite its size, it really is quite comfortable. This one belonged to Bill Yao.

Unfortunately, many of my photos from that night turned out blurry and out of focus like the shot below. That's a MN Tudor on the right.

Here's the obligatory collection shot. A lot of these are really rare watches that I've never seen in-person before. Some of these examples are the grail watches for many collectors.

It was fun guys, let's do it again.

No comments: